Saturday 15 November 2014

The Return Of The Blog Pt 2

I have spent more than a week trying to get across my feelings as to why I stopped the blog last time round and why I wanted to start it up again.
I have written this piece several times and decided to give it one last rewrite. 


First off, I would like to state for the record that I love movies, always have. I also hate movies. And yes I realise that hate is a strong word but I think its fits perfectly here. 
For as long as I can remember I have loved movies. And as I grew older I learned to appreciate them more, learned to appreciate the craft as well as the entertainment.
But alas I learned to hate them too. I am not going to go into a rant about all that is wrong with the movie industry today, suffice to say that the business of movies has ruined many a movie. And that is where my hate for movies comes from. 
Also big chain cinemas inability to maintain a pleasant cinema going experience has not helped, but that is definitely a rant for another day!!


Recently I watched The Grey from 2011. Not a huge blockbuster, it got an average release in cinemas and did reasonable well box office wise. 
However, The Grey is one of the reasons I love movies. When released it was mocked, the trailer had scenes of Liam Neeson punching a wolf an people latched on to that and assumed it was another 'check your brain at the door' action flick, set in the wild. But it was far from that! The movie itself on the other hand is a thrilling and terrifying portrayal of wilderness survival.
And it was one of, if not my favorite movie of that year.


Something else has happened in recent years that has severely affected my movie watching and that is Television. TV has has found its golden age, and not just with a select few shows. More and more quality programs are being produced now and it is hard to ignore them. Again I am not going to rant about it, just wanted it stated that it affects my movie viewing life.  


And that's enough of that. Now, as I start up my blog again I am going to en devour to update the blog at least once a week, hopefully more. The format is going to reflect the old way. A weekly (ish) diary of sorts of all the movies I have watched and main reviews for cinema, new releases and other movies I deem worthy enough for a bigger review. As time permits I might throw in a few other stuff but I will keep it simple to begin with.
I am also going to start wit a rather large post of my Halloween viewing, as a fan of horror I have tried to cram in as much as I could throughout the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment